WHO WE ARE
Squire is a booking and payment platform that connects people with great barbers nationwide. Squire makes it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
Squire is also the premier management platform for barbershops. Using Squire, barbers are able to engage their customers, process bookings and payments and better market their business through Squire"s 'barbershop discovery' capabilities. Fully integrated with a point of sale, inventory management and payroll systems, Squire is a one-stop solution for barbershop owners to efficiently operate their business.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry nationwide.
Reid Christian, an investor at Charles River Ventures (CRV) who led the Series B, said that he knew Squire would be a success when he experienced the product at Rust Belt Barbering in Buffalo, New York. Christian compared Squire to a 'Venmo-like experience' with transactions. He estimates billions of dollars in men"s grooming spend.
When shops broadly reopen, Squire is in a good, timely spot to be adopted by the masses. For the co-founders, the incoming wave of interest was affirmed a long time ago. For more information, please visit getsquire.com or download the Squire iOS app from the App Store.
Squire is seeking a savvy Tech, Sales, and Marketing Recruiter that loves making the connection between a dynamic, high-growth tech company and top-notch candidates. The ideal candidate loves the startup world and the opportunities and challenges that come up each and every day. We are an expanding tech company looking to build on our already strong team of HR practitioners, and now are bringing recruiting in-house.
Head of People
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide full cycle and high-volume recruiting (from writing job descriptions through on-boarding).
- Identify, interview, and vet candidates at all levels to determine cultural fit and assess qualifications, experience, and relevant knowledge for the role.
- Act as a strategic partner to our hiring teams by developing and implementing changes to the candidate selection process, and provide a distinctive and insightful perspective on market trends and industry best practices.
- Create and execute search strategies across a variety of technical recruiting tools, social media platforms, user group events, and employee referrals to build a diverse pipeline of candidates across all departments.
- Collaborate with leadership and departmental hiring teams.
- Track, maintain and improve recruitment metrics in order to assess: time to fill open positions, diversity initiatives, identify effective recruiting channels and sources, and attrition.
- Work with a sense of urgency to fill roles according to the company"s hiring plan.
- Identify and attend networking events, job fairs, and meetups; maintain connections with exceptional talent for open and future positions.
- Stay abreast of staffing industry trends, and trends within internal client groups to ensure and maintain relevance.
*The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time based on business needs.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated experience recruiting talent in a fast-paced, growing startup
- Minimum 4 years" recruiting experience in tech, sales, and marketing positions
- Proven track record in attracting, engaging, and sourcing qualified candidates
- Fluency in technical terms and skillsets
- Expert at knowing how to use the internet to your advantage to find top talent; talent miner and connector
- Effective and engaging communication skills
- Experience partnering with hiring managers to create strategic talent acquisition plans
- Sense of urgency and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic and proactive mindset
- Able to be effective in a remote working environment
- Familiar with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment
- An active LinkedIn profile with a strong network is a plus
- Bachelor"s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience
Salary Range - 80K-90K DOE
Squire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.