The Field Operations Manager is responsible for independently managing and coordinating cross-functional projects, managing third-party relationships and internal resources to appropriately plan and ensure successful farm installations, data collections, and post-install maintenance. If it"s connected to anything going on in-field, this role is responsible for it!
The Field Operations Manager innately pays attention to the little details that make a big difference and plays a key role in conveying the on-farm reality to our product team that is dedicated to delivering a high-quality, reliable, and user-friendly product to our valued customers.
Over time, this role will be responsible for managing and growing a field team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead and support all aspects of the direct-to-farm installation and integration of SomaDetect"s sensor using existing on-farm/dairy equipment
- Actively manage and independently follow through on assigned field projects, within the allotted budget and timelines, through effective planning & prioritizing, assigning of tasks, and directing workflows.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and proactively maintain equipment, hardware, and software. Ensure ongoing quality and reliability of dairy equipment to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of field-related operations and maintenance.
- Act as a reliable bridge between the in-field operations and the product development team.
- Manage and grow the relationship between SomaDetect and installation partners, ensuring they understand and maintain SomaDetect"s standards
- Develop, implement and regularly review operational policies and procedures. Keep current with industry developments; Develop necessary expertise by attending training and educational workshops.
- Develop and take the lead withSomaDetect"s on-farm safety guidelines. Model and maintain a consistently safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards, regulations and procedures.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify and resolve field-related issues proactively review and seek to enhance processes and business practices to improve operations.
- Oversee the work of any future direct reports, including employee performance management; project management & planning, and hiring.
- Consistently lead with respect, using an approach focused on collaboration, progress, and growth.
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise.
- At least 5+ years of proven experience in a similar client-facing technical field role, preferably in the Dairy industry.
- Naturally strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to easily connect with others and build consensus across diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional time management, prioritization, and critical-thinking skills along with the ability to thrive in a team or independently.
- Expertise to effectively lead the installation and integration of SomaDetect"s sensor with other equipment.
- General understanding of how parlor and robotic milking systems function, along with an understanding of on-farm/dairy IT, preferred.
- Experience working with multiple types of dairy equipment, along with their distributors and manufacturers is a significant asset.
- Proven experience building, managing, and growing high-performance teams using strong leadership, coaching, and performance management skills. Ability to inspire others, present ideas and information in influential and compelling ways.
- Proven ability to develop, implement and review policies, strategies, and procedures, while maintaining an understanding of applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- General IT fluency and proficiency with MS Office suite, along with a knack for conveying complex information to non-technical audiences
- Understanding of Finance and Budgeting fundamentals
- Must possess a valid Passport and be able to travel internationally
- Must possess a valid Driver"s License
This position is remote and requires approximately 50% travel to client sites in Canada and the US. The role also requires schedule flexibility, including availability some nights and weekends to adapt to time zones & travel requirements.
This position requires a mix of office work and fieldwork. Office work can involve sitting for extended periods of time for meetings or work, operating a personal computer, visually inspecting documents and forms, and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 20 pounds. Fieldwork can involve working in outdoor environments, in varied climate conditions, working with livestock, and requires general flexibility and mobility.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position; however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.