Working for 43North is an experience like no other. We are on a mission to boost Buffalo's startup ecosystem by helping our portfolio companies thrive. Our team is small, scrappy and determined to win. We push boundaries, thrive on creativity, and are driven to succeed. If you like a fast-paced atmosphere where you will be pushed to grow, learn, and develop your skillset, 43North might be the place for you. All you have to do is apply now. It's happening here.
What You'll Do:
The CRM & Application Manager manages communications among key stakeholder groups in the 43North ecosystem, including 43North portfolio companies, applicants, mentors and investors across a number of technology platforms. They build our applicant prospecting strategy, and lead applicant communications throughout 43North's global startup competition from launch to finals.
- Build the 2021 application process, including the online application, registration and other necessary assets
- Build 2021target "top-of-funnel" applicant universe
- Manage all aspects of CRM (customer relationship manager) from end to end
- Devise an outbound marketing campaign to target potential applicants, including email drip campaigns, calls and meetings
- Manage a team of interns focused on attracting high-quality applicants to the competition, and providing top-notch customer service
- Lead our customer success efforts by triaging and managing inbound inquiries from applicants
- Research potential targets applicants and venture capital funds, as well as attend venture events, summits, and demo days to build relationships and attract new companies to the competition
- Build a referral process for investors, mentors and portfolio companies to create dealflow for the competition
- Craft a monthly investor update email
- Assist with 43North's judging process, analyzing incoming applications, and preparing data and diligence for judges
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree required in Communications, Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics or similar
- 3+ year professional experience working with CRMs like Salesforce, Copper, Zoho, etc.
- Experience working with customer success platforms like Freshdesk, HelpScout, etc.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and Gmail (Excel power users are a bonus!)
- Passion for startups, Buffalo and economic development
- Tech savvy
- Demonstrated capacity for organization and attention to detail