Who we are:
Since 2015, we have been on mission to transform the way people find, choose, and participate in clinical research by building one of the largest integrated research organizations in the U.S and by creating our award winning technology TrialScout, the first ever patient rating and review platform for clinical trials. Our technology isn"t the only award winner! As a winner of the 2020 Best Places to Work contest by the Buffalo Business First periodical, we work hard to make sure our culture is focused around transparency, accountability, performance, and continuous learning - because just as we are obsessed with the patient experience in clinical trials, we are equally obsessed with the employee experience. We are looking to expand our growing team!
What we offer:
We are proud to offer competitive benefits, salary, and an environment focused on helping you grow personally and professionally.
What you"ll do:
The Research Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Research Coordinator by facilitating study protocol visits. This may include, but is not limited to clinical assessments and phlebotomy, document preparation and reporting, as well as patient recruitment efforts. The implementation of activities associated with research study protocols being conducted in accordance with departmental policy, institutional policy, sponsor requirements, and FDA regulations.
You"ll be responsible for:
- Conducting study procedures as directed by Research Coordinator. This includes, but is not limited to, taking vital signs, performing ECGs, and phlebotomy.
- Collecting, processing, storing, and shipping of laboratory specimens
- Generating and maintaining laboratory logs.
- Inspecting and coordinating clinical equipment calibration with qualified vendors
- Management of clinical supply and kit inventory for assigned studies.
- Preparation for study procedures including gathering source and essential documents, preparing lab kits and acquiring dry ice.
- Documentation of visit data to electronic data capture system (EDC), ensuring entries are accurate, verifiable, and timely. Daily maintenance of system queries.
- Assisting in recruitment efforts, contacting and identifying potentially eligible participants to screen.
Who you are:
- Your organizational skills are top notch.
- Your accuracy and attention to detail are among your best qualities.
- You have the ability to prioritize and manage your time well.
- You are able take direction from your superiors and teammates.
- You enjoy learning new systems and technology.
- You have a way of putting the study participants at ease and addressing their concerns in a calm and warm manner.
- You value what we value: thoughtful transparency, fearless accountability, relentless performance, and continuous learning.
- Associates degree or higher.
Your preferred experience:
- Clinical laboratory and/or phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Proficient with the use of EMR systems.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft office (Word, Excel), Google suite, and CTMS software a plus.
Who you"ll report to:
- Reporting to our Clinical Services Group Lead, WNY, you will be part of our amazing Clinical Operations Group.
The other fine print:
- Location: This position is located in Buffalo, NY with the option for occasional remote work.
- Travel: May require regular travel to other research site locations.
- Exemption status: Full time, non exempt.
- Physical requirements: the following physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Other duties: the duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or. the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands