Who we are:
Since 2015, we have been on mission to transform the way people find, choose, and participate in clinical research by building one of the largest integrated research organizations in the U.S and by creating our award winning technology TrialScout, the first ever patient rating and review platform for clinical trials. Our technology isn"t the only award winner! As a winner of the 2020 Best Places to Work contest by the Buffalo Business First periodical, we work hard to make sure our culture is focused around transparency, accountability, performance, and continuous learning - because just as we are obsessed with the patient experience in clinical trials, we are equally obsessed with the employee experience. We are looking to expand our growing team!
What we offer:
We are proud to offer competitive benefits, salary, and an environment focused on helping you grow personally and professionally.
What you"ll do:
The Oncology Nurse Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, facilitating, and monitoring the implementation of research study protocols being conducted in accordance with departmental policy, institutional policy, sponsor requirements, and FDA regulations, specific to oncology protocols. You will also provide, manage, and coordinate care for patients participating in oncology clinical trials, including investigational product and standard of care therapy.
You"ll be responsible for:
- Knowledge of disease process, standard or care, and oncologic terminology
- Knowledge of study protocol, inclusion and exclusion criteria and amendment training, study endpoints, reportable events (Adverse Event, Serious Adverse Event, Adverse Events of Special Interest)
- Define methods of subject identification and recruitment
- Weekly review of study visits completed, Electronic Data Capture (EDC) entries
- Weekly review of study status
- Conduct subject recruitment and confirm subject eligibility
- Assists in recruitment efforts, contacting and identifying potentially eligible participants to screen
- Coordinate study presentation and Informed Consent Form process with Co-Investigator; obtain consents for amendments where applicable
- Scheduling and completion of all protocol required study visits and procedures
- Preparation and maintenance of source documents and review with investigator
- Maintain Investigational Product dispensing and accountability
- Review Adverse Events and Serious Adverse Event with Primary Investigator within 24 hour of event report to Institutional Review Board (IRB) and sponsor.
- Subject retention activities and follow up procedures
- Protocol monitoring activities, preparation, data clarification
- Coordination of assessment by investigator of patient, lab results and procedure findings to ensure safe and appropriate enrollment in study and prior to all treatments
- Vital sign assessments, conduction of ECG, specimen collections, phlebotomy, IV and port insertion, treatment and removal, injections
- Initiating chemotherapy infusions, maintenance and monitoring of infusion, and observation post infusion
Who you are:
- Your accuracy and attention to detail is second to none
- You are able to prioritize tasks and adapt to incoming needs
- You keep information organized well documented
- You have a good internal clock and manage your time well
- You communicate early and often to the Principal Investigator, your supervisor, and peers
- You are empathetic, caring, and relatable
- You have a way of putting your patient"s at ease
- You have the dual ability of being task and relationship focused
- Licensed as a registered nurse (RN) in NYS
- Oncology certification and minimum one year of experience as an RN in a clinical setting
Your preferred experience:
- Experience with chemotherapy administration
- Clinical Research Coordinator experience preferred. Certification of Clinical Research Coordinator, preferred. If no certification, award of certification within two years.
Who you"ll report to:
You will be reporting to the Clinical Operations Group Lead as part of our amazing Clinical Operations Group.
The other fine print:
- Location: This position is located in Buffalo, NY
- Travel: May travel regularly to other research site locations and sponsor events.
- Exemption status: Full time, exempt
- Physical requirements:the following physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.