Who we are:
Since 2015, we have been on mission to transform the way people find, choose, and participate in clinical research by building one of the largest integrated research organizations in the U.S and by creating our award winning technology TrialScout, the first-ever patient ratings and reviews platform for clinical trials. Our technology isn"t the only award winner! As a winner of the 2020 Best Places to Work contest by the Buffalo Business First periodical, we work hard to make sure our culture is focused around transparency, accountability, performance, and continuous learning - because just as we are obsessed with the patient experience in clinical trials, we are equally obsessed with the employee experience. We are looking to expand our growing team!
What we offer:
We are proud to offer competitive benefits, salary, and an environment focused on helping you grow both personally and professionally.
What you"ll do:
We are looking for an ambitious and passionate Front-End Web Developer to join our mission to make it easier for patients to find, choose, and participate in clinical trials. You"ll work closely with other developers, the product owner, digital marketers, and graphic designers to produce fresh but familiar user experiences for patients seeking clinical trials. You will provide insights on new designs, develop and maintain various web applications as well as the company website.
We expect you to have an open mind, know your tools, and be at the forefront of what is happening in the world of ever-changing web development.
You"ll be responsible for:
- Mapping the Frontend Architecture - Using your understanding of the end user and customer journey to build efficient user flows and other diagrams to express the overall flow of information.
- Building UI/UX - using your skills, knowledge and experience to build responsive and scalable architecture; getting out of the office to understand and empathize with the end users; providing data and reasoning behind UX recommendations; contributing to mapping and optimizing customer journeys.
- Analyzing Data - combining qualitative data from customer interviews and quantitative data from analytics and presenting it in a digestible format to guide decision making; running A/B tests to improve the user experience based on KPIs such as traffic, session duration, and other key metrics.
- Continuously Learning - being cognizant of your strengths and weaknesses; staying current with the latest advancements in web technologies; striving to become better each day through self improvement through reading, webinars, and online learning.
- Communicating Effectively - getting team buy in for projects through non-technical explanations; tying development work to business goals; responding promptly to update requests; keeping an open mind and be willing to accept constructive feedback
Who you are:
- Curious - you want to learn more, dig deeper and get early feedback on progress
- Focused - we are fast moving across numerous markets and audiences; we need a developer who will execute on every initiative
- Empathic - you care about who you're designing for and what the problem is
- Precise - we want our UX to be clean and concise; there is no room for sloppiness
- Assertive - be willing to take actions and take risks, don"t wait to be prompted
- Hungry - some people just burn to make a difference AND will pay the price to be great and build something amazing
- Happy - optimists are the only people who ever change the world
- Humble - you do not think you know the solution but are willing to find out what it is through qualitative and quantitative measures
- Smart - table stakes & LAST for a reason... but still on the list!
- Bachelor"s Degree in Computer Science, Digital Media, or equivalent
- At least 1-3 years experience in front-end web development
- An impressive portfolio of front-end web technologies including: JS(ES6+), HTML5, and CSS3
- Experience with React JS
- Experience managing projects with multiple collaborators in GitHub
Your preferred experience:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma and InVision
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects at once
- Understanding of best practices for micro-interactions and visual design principles
- Knowledge of clinical trials
Who you"ll report to:
- Reporting directly to the Product Owner, you will work cross collaboratively with our Product and Marketing Team.
The other fine print:
- Location: This position is located in Buffalo, NY with the flexibility to work from home
- Travel: Minimal
- Exemption status: Full time, non exempt
- Physical requirements:the following physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision
- Other duties: the duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands