Who we are:
Since 2015, we have been on mission to transform the way people find, choose, and participate in clinical research by building one of the largest integrated research organizations in the U.S and by creating our award winning technology TrialScout, the first ever patient rating and review platform for clinical trials. Our technology isn"t the only award winner! As a winner of the 2020 Best Places to Work contest by the Buffalo Business First periodical, we work hard to make sure our culture is focused around transparency, accountability, performance, and continuous learning - because just as we are obsessed with the patient experience in clinical trials, we are equally obsessed with the employee experience. We are looking to expand our growing team!
What we offer:
We are proud to offer competitive benefits, salary, and an environment focused on helping you grow personally and professionally.
What you"ll do:
As the Director of Business Development - Clinical Trials, you will be integral in leveraging industry relationships to help achieve the Company revenue goals. You will have quarterly and annual booking goals. To be successful in this role, you have a proven track record in selling strategic, multi-product programs.
You"ll be responsible to:
- Act as an outside Business Development professional for the Company"s products and services created for pharmaceutical clinical trials.
- Effectively navigate the Contract Research Organization (CRO) and clinical pharma/Biotech landscape.
- Manage and grow specific assigned accounts by researching, developing, and validating new prospects and existing clients.
- Build strategic plans for your clients that focus on winning clinical trials and relationship building.
- Understand our unique selling proposition and how it translates to customer needs in an effort to provide real, effective solutions.
- Work cross collaboratively to propose solutions and close deals.
- Delight clients and prospects by delivering exceptional customer service.
- Be a team player by sharing knowledge and open dialogue with peers to ensure ongoing education.
Who you are:
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, including the ability to speak with a variety of stakeholders including CROs, pharmaceutical Clinical Trial Managers, and physicians.
- You are a self-starter. You like to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, think creatively, work independently, and be productive.
- You are results driven, understand how to effectively navigate the sales cycle and selling environment, and most importantly, how to EXCEED quarterly and annual sales quotas!
- You possess a high degree of integrity and business ethics.
- You value what we value - thoughtful transparency, fearless accountability, performance, and continuous learning.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business/Marketing or related field required, MBA and/or medical-related degree preferred.
Your preferred experience:
- At least 5 years experience working in pharma sales, medical communications, medical education, or advertising; selling into the Clinical Trial space (CROs, direct-to-pharma Clinical Trial Managers).
- Prior experience independently building and managing successful relationships with Pharma/Biotech in a sales capacity.
- Prior experience in a successful start up environment is a plus.
- PROVEN track record of success ? specifically exceeding sales goals on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of health care, pharmaceutical marketing, clinical trials, and adequate therapeutic area knowledge.
Who you"ll report to:
- Reporting to our SVP of Business Development, you will work closely with our Sales and Marketing groups.
The other fine print:
- Location: This position can be headquartered remotely with travel requirements outlined below
- Travel: Requires regular travel to existing and prospective pharma/biotech companies
- Exemption status: Full time, exempt
- Physical requirements:the following physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision
- Other duties: the duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or. the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands